As someone who colours their hair I’m always on the lookout for good haircare products to help put some much needed moisture and life back into my tresses. Since I have really fine hair (but apparently a lot of it according to my stylist) it can be difficult though as some products can feel too heavy and rather than providing a decent moisture/repair boost they end up just leaving my hair a bit weighed down and greasy – you see my dilemma?
I remember trying out the Grow Gorgeous serum years ago when I was trying to grow out my hair. Although I didn’t see any immediate results that I could put down solely to the serum, I still really liked it so when this little package landed on my door I was intrigued. The new repair range from Grow Gorgeous includes a shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated with natural ingredients to strengthen, repair and hydrate tresses from the inside out. All sounds fab right?
“Make weak, brittle hair a thing of the past”
WHAT DO GROW GORGEOUS SAY?
The new repair regime has been “proven to protect and strengthen damaged hair and make hair less prone to breakage”. What’s more the shampoo is 80% natural and the conditioner 89% – making this range one that’s packed with effective but natural ingredients. Talking about ingredients, let’s have a little look at what’s actually inside each bottle:
- SEA SATIN™ – A sea beet extract which helps strengthen hair weakened by chemical processes and heat styling, while making it smoother, softer and shinier, with a silky feel
- KERATRIX™ – A restorative complex based on carob tree extract which helps to reduce further damage by strengthening strands and improving hair fibre resistance and elasticity
- PHYTANTRIOL – Strengthens and repairs heat damaged hair
- CHIA OIL – Protects hair fibres from oxidative damage, while adding shine and gloss
- BAMBOO EXTRACT – A natural source of silica which helps to strengthen hair fibres, in addition to making tresses look and feel glossy and healthy
- BLEND OF AMINO ACIDS – Moisturises, strengthens and repairs surface damage
- MURUMURU AND CUPUASSU BUTTERS – Help’s restore the natural elasticity and offer increased moisture and conditioning to dry, damaged hair.
The Scalp Detox
Alongside the new repair shampoo and conditioner I was sent the Scalp Detox which is another new product! I’m not going to beat around the bush – I LOVE this product. It has tiny castor oil beads and White Willow Bark extract which both help to exfoliate the scalp, get rid of any product build up and act as a natural anti-bacterial to promote hair growth. What you do is you apply a generous amount to the scalp and massage in with your finger tips to give your scalp a good scrub – it’s very gentle though and actually quite therapeutic! The scent is also gorgeous and before rinsing off you’ll feel a bit of slight tingle while it works its magic. I did think it would be difficult getting all the little beads out but they actually rinsed out no bother!
The Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
Moving onto the repair shampoo and conditioner – both are free from sulphates and parabens (yaaay!) so you don’t get a lot of foaming action from the shampoo but I actually didn’t mind it at all. It was actually lovely to use and very gentle. Again, the scent is gorgeous and very ‘natural’ if you know what I mean.
I think it’s important to mention that I’d had my hair coloured 2 days before I tried out this range – I’d usually put on a deep conditioning mask for an extra moisture boost but I decided to put this range to the test to see how it really performed. The results? Shiny, glossy, smooth tresses!!! It’s still early days as I’ve only tried out this range once but I’m just going to put it out there right now and say that I think I’ve found a new favourite hair brand. I’m also onto third day hair (a very rare thing for me!) and my hair, although in need of a little dry shampoo, still looks really good! I also need to add that since my hair is quite fine I do use a lot of styling products which can lead to a bit of a product build up and an itchy scalp but I haven’t had this – I’m definitely putting this down to the scalp detox.
WHO’S THE REPAIR RANGE FOR?
That’s easy – anyone who wants to repair, protect and strengthen hair damaged by bleaching and excessive heat styling; and anyone who wants to:
- Reinforce hair fibres increasing strength and elasticity so hair is resilient to breakage.
- Intensely nourish and condition dry, weak strands to leave hair hydrated, smooth and soft.
*Both products are free from sulphates, parabens and phthalates.
And do you want the great news? Both are available to buy today (25th June) from 12pm, yaaaaay! Also, if you use my code CHANTELLE you’ll get a free Mini Scalp Detox with any shampoo and condition bundle 🙂
All products are available to purchase from Grow Gorgeous.com – here.
Lots of love,
These products are part of a PR sample. All thoughts, opinions and creative direction are my own.
Affiliate links may be used.