So I’ve never been the best at keeping a secret…especially a beauty secret so I am going to share one of my little beauty secrets for a perfect plumped up pout!
About a year ago, I was doing a bit of surfing online and came across this little tip for an inexpensive and natural way to get a fuller pair of luscious lips so obviously I had to try it out!
The ingredients/equipment you will need are:
- Petroleum Jelly
- pure coconut oil (preferably one that has a dropper at the top of the bottle)
- 100% pure cinnamon leaf oil (you can get this and the coconut oil from Holland & Barrett)
- Small lip balm tub
Making the secret potion:
- Take a spoonful of petroleum jelly, or if you prefer, bash up an old chapstick into a small lip balm tub (I picked mines up in primark for £1 as part of a mini travel bottle set)
- Put about 1/6th of a teaspoon of coconut oil into the mix (you only need the tiniest amount of this)
- Put no more than 2 drops of pure cinnamon leaf oil into the mix (you don’t want to put any more than 2 drops in or this could really irritate your lips!)
- Mix it all up with the bottom of your teaspoon
- Put it in the fridge to set
The secret here is that cinnamon oil dramatically increases blood circulation in your lips, by irritating the lips and bringing the blood to the surface to give them a puffy appearance. This is why a lot of lip plumping glosses actually contain cinnamon!
I must warn you, that if you have very chapped or irritable lips, then this is not for you. If like me though, you have normal lips then you should give it a try but remember not to go over the top with the cinnamon oil as I made the terrible mistake of putting in 3 drops and almost burned my lips off…wooops. You will feel your lips tingle, just as you would with a lip plumping gloss but if you don’t like it you can wipe it off and splash some water on your lips the tingling will stop so don’t worry J
You can also use peppermint oil as this acts as a natural lip plumper too but I think cinnamon is definitely enough for me, and I add the coconut oil as this is very soothing and moisturising for your lips. If you prefer not to use petroleum jelly you can bash an old chap stick up or even just put a couple of drops of the cinnamon leaf oil into a clear lip gloss!
I keep my little tub in the fridge and use it mainly to ‘prep’my lips before putting on lipstick for a night out because petroleum jelly dries my lips out if I use it too often…it’s good for special occasions though 😉
Have you ever used cinnamon leaf oil to plump your lips?What are your favourite beauty secrets? J